Facetime is a video and calling app developed by Apple for Mac and iPhone, if you want a similar or even better app for your android then this article will help you. Our list of 5 best Facetime android alternative apps will help you get the right app for your needs, we already done the evaluations so you don’t have to.
#1. Google Duo – High Quality Video Calls
Google Duo – High Quality Video Calls is our number 1 best Facetime android alternative app. Google Duo is the highest quality video calling app*. It’s simple, reliable, and works across Android and iOS phones and tablets, smart devices, and on the web.
Make calls between Android and iOS
Whether you’re on your phone, tablet, or on the web, you can stay in touch with Duo. You can also share and join group calls with just a link.
Group call with up to 32 people
Bring together all the people who matter most, even when you’re apart, with group calling. Duo now supports 32 people in group video calls.
Bring everyone together with Family mode**
Doodle on video calls and surprise loved ones with fun masks and effects that transform you into astronauts, cats and more.
Capture special moments
Take photos of your video calls to capture any moment and share it automatically with everyone on the call.
Send video and voice messages, photos, and more
Short on time or your friends can’t pick up? Leave a personalized video message with fun effects, or share voice messages, photos, notes, and emojis.
Low Light Mode
Duo lets you make video calls even in poor lighting conditions.
Make voice-only calls to your friends when you can’t chat over video.
#2. Skype – free IM & video calls
Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*. Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide and with SMS Connect you can now also read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages right from your computer. SMS connect will be released gradually.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• SMS Connect – Read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages in Skype on your PC or Mac.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
By downloading the Skype Preview, you’ll gain early access to our newest and coolest features. Of course, while you’re having fun, know that this app is a work in progress. We’re hoping to get your vital feedback as we add new enhancements and features to Skype. Simply click the heart icon on the main screen and you will be able to send your comments to our team, helping us shape the future of Skype.
Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
#3. BOTIM – Unblocked Video Call and Voice Call
With BOTIM, make FREE voice and video calls to all your friends and family members.
– FREE voice and video calls over 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G or Wi-Fi connection.
– Encrypted chats and calls.
– Share photos, videos, voice messages, and more.
– Group chat with your friends and family members.
– Express yourself with a built-in emoji dashboard.
#4. Glide – Video Chat Messenger
Glide is the fastest live video messenger app on the planet. It combines the convenience of texting with the expressiveness of video chat. Now you and your friends/family can share real moments as they happen, and enjoy quality facetime.
- Review your videos before sending, or tap to stream live – whichever fits you best
- Share videos with friends and family from everywhere to anywhere with a tap!
- Snap a photo in real time or uploaded from your device
- Cool filters make your video messages look awesome
Own a Smartwatch?
Get Glides directly to your wrist! Watch live videos, respond with texts, emojis, and even live voice recordings. Video messaging on Android Wear is changing the way we communicate on the go.
#5. JusTalk – Free Video Calls and Fun Video Chat
JusTalk is a FREE high-quality video, voice and group calling app for everyone – simple, reliable, secure and fun, so you never miss a moment.
Make HD-quality voice or video calls over Wi-Fi or on-the-go (2.5G/3G/4G/5G)*.
Make Calls a Lot More Fun
Doodle, recording lively voice or video calls, play games, send stickers, share photos, and more all in one voice or video call!
Say More Than Texts
Send and receive pictures, voices, videos, location, stickers, GIFs, and more 1:1 or in groups.
Group Voice Call And Video Chat (meetings)
Create as many groups as you like to make group voice calls with family, friends or coworkers up to 50 people. Enjoy high quality audio and super high definition video calls. Easily control the group call (mute, block new participants or remove attendees, enlarge anyone’s screen). Simultaneously send group text, images, and videos.
JusTalk to Phone
Make domestic or international calls from JusTalk to Phone. Click on your avatar in JusTalk and find JusTalk to Phone in Wallet to learn more.
Start a live video chat to share your moments with your loved ones during voice call.
Video chat all your friends across any types of smartphones & tablets with just one simple app.
And Much More
Create your own unique JusTalk ID and make your friends easy to search for your account. Add new friends by shared name cards or QR code. Bluetooth auto connect supported. Choose themes (light & dark modes) and express yourself musically with ringtones.
Private and Secure
All information and calls are end-to-end encrypted so that information and call data are split into multiple random path. It ensures that calls can’t be monitored or saved by servers.
The list above is our recommended best Facetime android alternative app for your android tablet and phone. If you know some other apps similar to Facetime that are good then let us know by writing a comment or suggestion below.