Sometimes as a developer we want to run or test our php code while we are on travel or somewhere far away from our office. On this era if you’re having an android device then your lucky because you can make it as web server. Below are the list of 5 best app to make your android device ( tv box or phone ) a web server.
No. 5 Palapa Web Server
The favorite PHP development package for Android which can be launched in 1 touch, a suite of web programmer and much better than other Server packages. The package contains the Lighttpd web server, PHP, MySQL, and MSMTP. It’s turn your devices based Android to a web and database server, suitable for building dynamic web sites. Why Palapa Web Server? Easy setup, everything is pre-configured, low memory consumption, low CPU usage, capable of serving requests simultaneously, not require a root access, and totally free of charge.
Palapa Web Server App User Reviews:
– “Extraordinary App I appreciate the beauty of the app, and the great thing about the programmer’s soul to put it up for free(ads notwithstanding). 1 thing however, people should be forced to be aware that the version of phpmyadmin that the app was set to set up(188.8.131.52) was an interim development version, and is no longer on sourceforge resource pages. To repair this, manually download phpmyadmin 184.108.40.206.zip. Extract into the host directory pws/phpmyadmin. That’ll repair it, and give the developer time to sort it out.”
– “Really nice but An inner iptables port redirection feature would be nice so we can run on port 80. I ran it in root mode (with su consent) but customers were still denied a connection. The fantastic thing is it’s free and works very well.”
No. 4 kWS – Android Web Server
kWS is a simple and fast Web Server that especially designed for android mobile devices. It can be used to host websites and to serve files over HTTP. kWS implements HTTP-1.0.
kWS – Android Web Server App User Reviews:
– “Great cellular Web server Simple and powerful, No non-nense and what works out of the box. Hope the choice for your Home directory is via a document browser not text input, thank you for this Superb app”
– “Very wonderful app, advertisement free, works! Deducting a celebrity because of a few bugs, hope they could be fixed: 1). With digest authentication when I record a directory and then click on “last modified” to form, it keeps asking for username and password rather than succeeds. 2. Debug log level appears like verbose, and reveals very little. No authentication attempts without any errors if authentication fails are still logged.”
No. 3 PAW Server for Android
PAW Server is a Web Server for Android devices. With the PAW webserver you’re able to use the functionality of your phone from a web browser, then function your web pages or create phone enabled web applications.
PAW Server for Android App User Reviews:
– “Incredibly convenient when used in conjunction with Tasker. I will now create web pages on the fly through Google Assistant and Alexa and have them hosted for my own Chromecast to see. Also a superb method to relay messages, implement tasker actions/commands, share documents and control basic functions from merely WiFi and a browser.”
– “Excellent Excellent Excellent Work !!! Nicely working , The greatest free web server app . I am using it quite fluidly with no riddles. Just make your HTML , php ,XML documents and set them in a mannar in the particular folder. Devs , wanting you Best of luck”
No. 2 Server for PHP
Easy and automatic setup, what’s pre-configured, low memory consumption, low CPU usage, capable of serving requests simultaneously, not require of origin access though it’s possible to use root aswell, and totally free of charge along with no advertisement. Here is the Android Web Server.
Server for PHP App User Reviews:
– “I do not usually give evaluation, nor inspection. However, this app or host is wonderful. I have not tested it. However far it seems very promising. Kudos to the dev!”
– “This application is just the Best no advertisements, no hidden fees, no surplus consent, low memory consumption, lighting speed, no origin desired. Its just awesome”
No. 1 Server for PHP
Pure PHP 5.4+, 7+ server with modules: core, session, standard, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, hash, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, spl, iconv, intl, json, mbstring, mcrypt, mongodb, mysqlnd, mysqli, odbc, pdo, pdo_mysql, pdo_odbc, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, phar, posix, pspell, recode, reflection, mysql, simplexml, soap, sockets, exif, tidy, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, cli_server, mhash, ssh2, opcache, phalcon, yaf, yar, id3, lzf, oauth, quickhash, bbcode, xmldiff, xdiff, rar, gender, stats, eio, judy, mailparse, rpmreader, spl_types, yaml, ev, inotify, weakref, xdebug, dba, imagick, ldap.
Server for PHP App User Reviews:
– “This is the most significant web programmer app on android. On the first installation, you pick the version of PHP you use from the official builds. It has the most effective settings page I have observed using the Android UI. However you get all the choices you require. Be particular about what addresses and interfaces that you’re receptive to. Establish base route. It is as complicated as is required. However it is not a complex mess!”
– “Does exactly what it needs to, updated frequently, help on official website informs You How You Can connect with companion HTTP server… Use it to possess an internal website behaving as CRUD application”
The list above are our recommended apps to make your android device a web server. If you know some other apps or ways to make an android device as web server then let us know by writing a comment or suggestion bellow.