See what your car is doing in real time, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data, and more. Torque Pro is a vehicle/car performance/diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU. Layout your own dashboard with the widgets/gauges you want!. It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time. It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL/fault code like a scan tool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for ‘OBD2’ on written on a big white label in your engine bay.
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugeot, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/fewer features than others.
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported).
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 Bluetooth adapters from eBay / Amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller.
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported – search on google for them.
Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) Features
- Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
- Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
- 0-60 speed timings – more accurate than just using plain old GPS – see how fast your car is (or truck )
- CO2 emissions readout
- Customizable dashboard & profiles
- Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay – a black box for your car/truck!
- Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to Twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
- Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
- Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
- Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / OpenOffice reader
- Heads up display / HUD mode for nighttime driving
- Compass (GPS Based) that won’t suffer magnetic interference
- GPS Speedometer/Tracking and real-time web upload capability – see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
- Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
- Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
- Car dock support
- Graph data
- Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
- AIDL API for third-party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
- Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and Nook
Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) User Reviews
I gotta say this app is worth every penny. We have a super cheap OBDII and it works great. This app actually saved my Jeep. Driving down the highway and didn’t notice the dash temperature gauge was climbing but the dial on the app screen started flashing which got my attention. Pulled over and radiator had sprung a leak. Luckily we caught it early and no damage was done to the engine. A few more miles in 98°+ temps outside and it could have been a different story. – From Raymond
This app is a diamond in the rough. In a world where obd II scanners cost more than most if the vehicles they are used on, Ian Hawkins gives us the world. I’ve used other scanner apps and I knew I was using but the apps did nothing to mask that. There’s a certain comfort that’s associated with Torque Pro. I love it!. – From Brett
Great app for my FJ Cruiser. It monitors everything I need it to. It could even monitor more but my Toyota doesn’t have sensors for all of the options torque provides. I have one request though. Add a checkmark on the selected sensors used when we add them to the home screen. That way we know what we’ve already added. There are so many it kind of get confusing sometimes. Thanks for creating this app. It’s awesome! – From Xaiden
How To Download And Install Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) APK
- Download the Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) APK File.
- On your phone settings, click “Security” and toggle on “Allow installation from this source”.
- Return back to installation and tap on “Install”.
- Wait for the installation to complete and click “Done”.
- Launch Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) App by tapping on its icon on the main menu.
If you want to install and run Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) on your PC or laptop then we suggest installing it on an android emulator. You can check our Android Emulators here.